Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Finally the Dining Set Reveal

Yes, I’ve finally finished the dining set I’ve been working on FOREVER!
It’s not my fault it has taken so long don’t blame me but you can blame my toe I had operated on, and the doctor who said stay off of it, and the other projects I decided to do in between working on it, and... geez…here’s the before and after. Hope you like it.

frenchchairbefore
One of the chairs before.


frenchtablebefore1


Sorry I had already started sanding the top and boy was it stubborn.  My husband was a sweetie and helped me by sanding about half the top. As you can see it was your basic used dining set with that thick poly on top that always scratches first thing. I just hate that don’t you?  Now here is my version.



frenchtablechairs_edited-1


I just love my chair shrugs don’t you? They are tea dyed scrim fabric.  I stripped the top stained it with a dark walnut stain and applied three coats of wax to protect it.



frenchtablechairs2_edited-1

I love to expose a beautiful inlay and accent it.

frenchtabletop

By the way this inlay is done in such away that as you walk around the table the look of the inlay changes in each section its hard to describe you would need to see it yourself.  You can sort of tell in the first two pictures. Its just beautiful.

frenchtableleg_edited-1


The base and legs as well as the chairs are painted in “Old White” ASCP, waxed with clear wax, distressed and a then a final coat of clear wax applied.






The chairs are my favorite part.  I won’t go in detail as I’m sure you have already read the tutorial on how I refinished them. If you have not seen the tutorial yet and would like to go here.

diningchabee3


diningchabee4


frenchchairclose



diningchabee1_edited-11


Thanks for stopping by ya’ll and keeping checking in as I'll have something new to show you real soon.


Happy painting Smile




I'm sharing with the following parties.




Domestically Speaking
Funky Faith Girl

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh wow, this is AMAZING! I can't believe you transformed this little table & chairs into such a fabulous set. You have a really great eye for seeing beauty beyond first glance. Fantastic job!

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

This is so gorgeous! I am so very impressed. Love it. Off to look around your beautiful blog some more!

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

fran said...

That is a beauty! I love the natural top with the painted base and the chairs came out great.
Fran
(Visiting from Restore it Wednesday)

Lindac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindac said...

OMG I'm loving the table and chairs. Very impressed with what you've pulled off there.
It's certainly enticed me in lol, I'm now off to become your newest member and check out more of your blog.
p.s I got the link to your website via 'From Rags to rainbows' - we both got the Liebster award along with 3 others. So well done

Linda from Coach House Crafting

Whit said...

wow it looks amazing. Thank you so much for sharing and for linking up to last weeks show and share. We hope to see you and your newest project on Wednesday.

A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...