Thursday, October 27, 2011

I Love This Chair

I thought I would take a minute to share one of my favorite pieces of furniture in my home. It’s a beautiful carved antique chair someone gave my husband years ago.  When he came in with it I could not believe someone would give it away even with the upholstery rotting off and everything it was still gorgeous.

antiquechair2

 (lol yes that's me in the mirror no makeup & hair a mess :0)


I recently recovered it in this pretty floral
fabric in keeping with the era of the chair with a blue that matched my bed linens. I think it came out okay considering I’m not an upholsterer. 

antiquechair3


After I was finished I decided I didn’t like
the trim I used around the arms and legs its a little too light don’t you think?
Can you believe I’m sharing something I did not paint? Lol I wouldn’t touch this beautiful carved wood for anything.

antiquechairarm3




antiquechairarm4



The patina is beautiful. Chippy and worn in some areas all the way to the wood where hands have rubbed many, many times over the years.

antiquechairarm5


I keep thinking about all the tales she could tell if only she could talk.

antiquechairbase


Many a foot has propped on this raised area. I (heart) the detailed carving! Sigh.

antiquechair1



Sorry if your heart is fluttering too she’s staying in my bedroom I won’t be selling this one but I'll probably be changing out that trim.

veraaillesmirror


If you look in the first pick above the chair you see this mirror. I found this at a thrift store for $4.00.

veraillesmirror2


It was painted antiqued gold and was a little too gaudy for my taste but it had beautiful rose buds and I could see potential. I simply took some ASCP in “Versailles” and dry brushed it on leaving some of the gold to peek through.


versaillesmirror3



I really like how it turned out and its going to my booth at King’s Antiques tomorrow along with this little metal wall art piece I stained with a brown acrylic then I also dry brushed with Versailles. (Loving me some Versailles and hey I don’t even like green).

dragonflywallart


Please let me know what you think of my chair I love to hear from ya’ll and I read every comment.

Happy weekend.


I'm sharing with the following wonderful parties.



























French Country Cottage
 

4 comments:

Courtney said...

It sure is a beautiful chair!!
Glad you didn't paint it too!!:)

Sharon, aka Bootersmom03 said...

Congrats! I think you have lots to share & enjoy your creations, so I'm giving you a Liebster Award. Check it out at http://www.fromragstorainbows.com/2011/10/liebster-blog-award.html

Tracy said...

The chair is beautiful! To me the white trim really stood out in the first pic but looks really good in the close up. Don't know that I'd change it. I keep hoping to find something similar chair-wise, so far no luck :( but I keep my eyes open. Love what you have done with the mirror and wall art too.

Grammy Goodwill said...

The carving on that chair is gorgeous. You did a good job on the upholstery.

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...