Friday, June 15, 2012

Changes

Hello blogger friends! Today I wanted to talk about Changes.  A little different for me as I usually stick to business and just share my furniture and home improvement projects.

I've already shared how I will be changing the way I share on my blog by refinishing several pieces of furniture and then blogging about them later as I rest between jobs.  

By the way here is a cute little side table I recently finished and carried to the shop.


Isn't it cute?! (Sorry couldn't help myself! lol)

It is hard for me to share my personal life as I feel most people are busy with their own and don't want to be bothered, and...it's personal!

Anyway, I have severe osteoarthritis and fibromylgia and problems with discs in my lower back. So I am trying to learn to pace myself. I just cannot possibly give up my passion in furniture and buying and selling antiques!

I am also starting on an anti-inflammatory diet as put forth by Dr. Weil.  Anyone else doing this kind of diet? I would love to hear how you are doing and what you like to eat, etc... I'm trying to take control of my health before it totally takes control of my life.

Okay. Enough complaining! I hope you'll stick with me as I go through this process. Thanks for listening (or is it reading) lol.

Here is a close-up of that little table.  



I know I'm hopeless. :-}

Here's the before:



Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha! I totally got that make over in this post about improving your health. lol

I would love to hear any advice you might have in this area of health or if you are going through the same process.

Until next time have a great weekend.

Update


Thanks friends for your well wishes & prayers I appreciate it so much.  


I'm sorry I didn't give more details on the little table.  The center was one of those faux marble pieces.  I just popped it out and using Mod Podge decoupaged a toile wrapping paper I picked up in Canton, TX at First Monday Trade Days to the top. (I love that paper and you'll be seeing more of it I'm sure) I let that totally dry and applied the rose image on top.  Then I sealed all of it with two more coats of Mod Podge.


The table I painted with a mixture of two-thirds "Old White" and one-third "Pure White" Annie Sloan chalk paint.  I then add some water to "Paris Gray," just enough to make it a little thinner so it would spread easily.  I washed this into all the details of the table to give them a little more depth and wiped off the excess.


After that I just sealed the table with two coats of clear, soft wax. It was so much fun to re-finish. I love cute little tables.


I'm joining the following parties:


Friday
Furniture Feature Friday

Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Twiced On Tuesday

Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesday
POWW #93
Be Inspired

10 comments:

Peggy said...

Hi Peggy,
I am sorry about your health issues and it's ok to share - we can all send those good thoughts and prayers your way! I love the table and wanted to know - is that decoupaged fabric on the top?
Hugs to you,
Peggy

Kathleen said...

Peggy,
I am so sorry to hear about your health issues. I too have fibromyalgia. I have dealt with my health issues with diet also. I have not heard of the diet you are trying but I am glad you shared and I will check into it. Blogging can be very tough when fibro tiredness hits. You amaze me with the makeovers you do!! The table is adorable. I am praying for you.
Kathleen

Maureen Hayes said...

Peggy,

I have fibro among MANY chronic health conditions so I understand. Please don't feel funny sharing about yourself, that is what blogging is all about, actually having conversation with other about your life, which includes your illness as well as the beautiful work you do refinishing furniture!

I have no personal experience with Dr. Weil's die, although I am familiar with him through some of his books. I think if your doctor approves and it doesn't interfere with your treatment, why not give it a try?

Please feel free to contact me if you would like someone to talk about this. I have been blogging on chronic illness for years and am into crafting as well.

Maureen
http://www/beingchronicallyillisapill.blogspot.com

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I love your pretty little table and I'd have a hard time letting it go.
I hope that your new diet works well for you. My son suffers with crohns disease and maybe he should look into this diet.

hugs
Sissie

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Beautiful table, Peggy! The white really makes it stand out more.

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

Your little table looks wonderful! I just love the print! Where do you get your milk paint? I would love to buy some.
Thank you, Leticia

Cassie Bustamante said...

so sweet! the toile is perfect on this little french table!

Peggy Meckling-Baker said...

I love toile too. Great job on this little table. I love how it turned out. I'm your newest follower. And my name is also Peggy! ;-)

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

I love your sweet table! I wish I had some good advice for you. I sure hope the new diet helps!

Jessica said...

It's so beautiful piece! I loved the flower design too much on the table and I think, this design can be great choice for my existing white furniture and hope to get the same look. I am gonna have your site on my bookmark list. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...